Internet Society Malaysia (ISOC-MY) is a non-governmental organization consisting of individuals interested in promoting and enhancing the usage, maintenance, development and technology of the Internet in Malaysia.
1. To promote and enhance the usage, maintenance, development and technology of the Internet in Malaysia.
2. To conduct research, surveys or studies and/or to write articles on matters related to this profession.
3. To cooperate with the government and its agencies in implementing national policies specifically in regard to this profession.
4. To advance the professionalism of its members and to establish collaborative networking with other individuals and organizations which are relevant to the purpose of this Organization.
5. To produce and disseminate information on issues pertaining to this profession
The main mission of ISOC-MY is to promote the open development, evolution, and use of the Internet for the benefit of all Malaysians. ISOC-MY is expected to be a link among the community to make efforts benefiting the whole industry, to push forward industry self-discipline, to strengthen communication and cooperation between its members, to assist and provide support for policies making, and to promote Internet application and public awareness.
The Internet is for everyone.